People Source Consulting
- Job term
- Job hours
SQL Database Administrator, £28000 - £35000, commutable from Portsmouth, Petersfield, Worthing
My client is a leader in their market and due to business growth is seeking a SQL Database Administrator to work on their award winning portfolio of products and services. If you have a back ground in Database Administration and SQL development, and you're currently looking for a new role then this is a role not to be missed. Please see further details below.
The role is permanent and based in Chichester, offering a basic salary of up to £30,000 + benefits.
For further information or to apply, please reply by email in the first instance with your current CV and I will call you to discuss.
SQL Server Production DBA (T-SQL, Stored Procedures etc) – Chichester, permanent to £30,000 + benefits
This is a MS SQL Server Database administration role, responsible for assisting the Senior DBA in providing operational database services to the organisation. It would ideally suit a DBA with a SQL development background due to the high level of T-SQL skills required.
Some of the primary responsibilities of the SQL Database Administrator would include;
- Tuning and re-design of existing T-SQL scripts and stored procedures.
- Identifying and resolving database incidents.
- Fulfilling internal and external user requests and creating ad-hoc requests
- Ensuring BAU tasks are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Responding to database related alerts.
The role requires good communication skills. You will be expected to produce high quality documentation that can be used within various sections of the business.
- Experience of database Administration using MS SQL Server (ideally SQL 2008 R2)
- Strong T-SQL programming skill
- Experience in performing tuning and optimisation of T-SQL
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Good knowledge of backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of MS SQL High Availability and Disaster Recovery options
- Experience in troubleshooting database problems
- Experience of automating operational tasks using SSIS / T-SQL
Ideally candidates for the SQL Database Administrator role would also meet some of the following criteria;
- Previous experience in a SQL development role.
- Experience working with SQL in a clustered environment.
- Microsoft certification would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of database design and architecture.
This role offers significant potential to develop within a fast paced and challenging environment dealing with high volumes and large databases. Working within the database team, the successful candidate will be contributing to the development of bespoke data integration and reporting projects for new and existing clients.
In return we offer a competitive package and the opportunity to develop your career in a company that is proud of its friendly and supportive environment.
If you have the skills and experience and desire to become our SQL Database Administrator please click apply today with your most up to date CV for more information.
People Source Consulting Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
People Source specialise in niche technology markets including Information Technology, Digital TV, Digital Marketing, Project and Programme Management, SAP, Digital and Consumer Electronics, Air Traffic Management, Management Consultancy, Business Intelligence, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Public Sector, Healthcare, Finance and Oil & Gas.
For more jobs similar to this or in one of our other industry sectors please visit the People Source website [contact details removed]
Can you refer somebody for this role? You could earn up to £500 for referring a successful candidate. Visit [contact details removed] /candidate-referral to tell us of somebody you know.