- Job term
- Job hours
Test Analyst / Software Tester – Mobile, Telecoms, Telecommunications – Sogeti UK
Test Analyst / Software Tester – Mobile, Telecoms, Telecoms, Telecommunications – Sogeti UK
Sogeti UK are seeking an experienced Test Analyst / Software Tester with experience working in the Mobile / Telecoms / Telecommunications industry to join our growing Testing practice onsite with a global Telecoms customer.
Sogeti UK is the UK’s leading provider of software testing services (Ovum, 2011). We have over 20 years of experience in delivering structured testing solutions, helping to transform the IT testing and Quality Assurance performance of organisations in both public and private sectors. In February 2010, Sogeti and Capgemini came together to create an enlarged network of test centres and professional test resource units worldwide, with a combined capability of 11,000 test professionals and 14,500 application specialists with test experience.
Working as a Sogeti Test Consultant is a fantastic way of gaining a huge amount of experience in a relatively short space of time. Working onsite with well-known blue-chip companies, projects typically last from a few months to a year and so Test Consultants at Sogeti gain experience working in a variety of methodologies and industries, as well as learning different test tools and types of testing.
As a business-facing Test Analyst in this role (your first project), you will be based on customer site to the West of London and you’ll work in an existing test team who are involved in test planning and estimating, as well as test preparation and test execution activities. This is a customer-facing role and so excellent communication skills are essential.
All Test Consultants at Sogeti are act as trusted advisors and build relationships with our customers as well as lead delivery teams to exceed expectations, champion besting working practices and identify areas for improvement.
We encourage continuous learning and development and you’ll have the ability to obtain further certifications through Sogeti Training; the UK’s leading provider of software testing training services. You’ll also have the opportunity to develop your skill set and domain knowledge across a range of industries including Finance, Public Sector, Professional Services, and Retail etc. as we continue to rapidly expand our operations across the UK.
As a Test Analyst, duties will include:-
• Create test plans and scripts
• Assist in Test Planning and Test Estimation
• Work collaboratively with the existing test team and customer to identify Testing issues early and seek quick resolution directly with the appropriate teams
Proven team working skills
• Ability to operate within a customer environment either on your own or as part of a wider quality assurance/testing service
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strong experience testing Telecoms based IT systems (Billing, Provisioning, Mediation, LTE (4G), Sprint, etc.)
• Mobile network projects experience would be advantageous but is not essential
• Excellent communication skills
• Proven track record in the use of defect tracking tools such as HP Quality Center
• Exposure to test Director would be advantageous
• ISEB Foundation in software testing desirable
This is an excellent opportunity for a customer focussed Test Analyst to work within an establish test function for a company proud of its thought leadership status in Software Testing approaches, and stability operating as one world’s leading Test Consultancies.
Sogeti Test Consultants have usually come from a background where they worked as a Tester, Software Tester, Test Analyst, QA Analyst, Quality Assurance Analyst, Test Lead, QA Lead, Test Team Lead, Senior Tester, Senior Test Analyst, Senior QA Analyst, or similar.