1 exact match
Exclude any of the below options from the search results:Hide this job Hide jobs with titles like this Hide jobs from Mass Consultants Ltd Hide jobs in this location
- Mass Consultants Ltd
- From £45,000 to £55,000 per year + Bonus, Pension, Healthcare
- Job term
- Job hours
- Full time
Software Dependability (Safety) Lead:
World class Defence Organisation based in Bristol is currently looking to expand their Software Engineering Department to cope with current and future programme demands and as a result there is a vacancy for an experienced Software Dependability (Safety) Lead.
Please Note: you must be able to gain SC (Secret Level) Security Clearance if you’re not already cleared to that level.
The salary on offer is approx £45k - £55k and comes with great benefits.
Software Dependability Lead Job Description:
To act as the specialist technical lead and initial point of contact to projects at National level (including some with International involvement) covering aspects of:-
• Software Dependability (including safety, security, reliability) and its development approach;
• Transversal functional interaction with other skill areas;
• To develop and promote software capabilities and expertise in all areas of software dependability.
• To champion the achievement of software dependability excellence internally, externally and internationally
• Programme Delivery: Provide technical leadership on software dependability activities including advice on their impact on software architectures to promote robust & adaptable solutions. Collaborate in the definition of policies involving dependability and its associated development practices to achieve cost effective project solutions.
• Product Development: Provide technical leadership in the production of sound and effective dependability arguments. Support the definition of Generic Architectures for use across products by championing Dependability considerations.
• Competitiveness: Collaborate in definition and maintenance of software technical strategy and policies; and champion their adoption in areas of software dependability. Identify opportunities to develop & exploit software dependability expertise more effectively.
• Team Working: Provide technical leadership and motivation concerning software dependability to software teams working to produce products. Provide effective feedback to influence technical solutions.
• Internationalisation: Provide technical support and collaborate on the convergence of international processes and practices in the area of software dependability.
• Communication: Promote software capability & expertise internally and externally. Influence software route maps on aspects of dependability.
• International harmonisation on software dependability
• Cost savings generated on projects through more effective approach to dependability
• Approach to software dependability meets the needs of the future challenges of the business
• At least degree qualified.
• Knowledge and expertise in dependability engineering
• Experience in developing complex systems
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Willingness for transversal knowledge exploitation
• Emerging cross cultural sensitivity
• Problem solving
• Strategic thinking
- Carl Delaney
Your application for ‘Software Dependability (Safety) Lead’ has been sent
Your application has been successfully sent. Thanks for applying!